Designed to protect you and your loved ones from indoor pollution, the UpSens Air portable carbon monoxide sensor picks up the presence of carbon monoxide (CO), volatile organic compounds (VOCs), temperature and moisture. An alert message, both audible and visual, will warn you of the presence of carbon monoxide (CO), allowing you to run to safety until the situation returns to normal.
- Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas which is particularly dangerous because it is odourless and flavourless: it is caused by inefficient combustion and even in low concentrations it is lethal.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs): harmful gases for human health, including formaldehyde, benzene, toluene and others, released by numerous household furnishings, paints and detergents.
- Temperature: Do you know the difference between the actual temperature and the perceived temperature? The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends 21°C as the ideal temperature. It is important to measure the temperature in order to objectively compare the two values.
- Moisture: excess moisture can, over time, lead to the development of mould, causing functional harm to the respiratory system, asthma, allergies and chemical sensitivity.